Thursday, June 08, 2006

Which TIKI bar?

My plan is to make a Tiki-Bar area at the back of the garden and to do that I need a Tiki-Bar. I figure it is safer to start from a good solid base rather than make the whole thing myself (K still laughs about my shelves) and so I have been looking for such an item to start the project with. Below are the fruits of my searching - I have found two contenders.

The first is made in Indonesia (hence quality of pic) and is shipping now. It has a great 'original' look to it and the side swing in to close up. Problem is cost - £650!

The second is a mass-made bar (hence quality pic). This looks less interesting but has a better curve to it - cost £450.

My plan is to use either bar as a base and attach bamboo to the front and flaming torches to either end. I figure I'll then hang some tiki masks about the place and finish it off with a 'Tiki-Bar is open' sign ;)

What do you think? Comments or suggestions welcome...

2 comments:

C said...

being scandinavian I must say that the one to the right looks like something that would come from a sauna...

Anonymous said...

I´d go with the first one, very nice.
// Pierre