Friday, July 21, 2006

TyTN delivered :)

Got my new phone through today and I have to say I am very impressed. I have always been a fan of the XDA devices since the very first XDA was given to me at Unisys to trial prior to its release. Since then I have owned the XDA2 and XDA2s as well. I very nearly got the XDA2s-mini (HTC Wizard) but did not like the quality and feel of it opting for a very user un-friendly SE K750i instead. Now the latest version of the XDA has been released and this time I went to Vodafone and got their version - the v1605 VPA Compact-III (HTC TyTN to us in the know).

First impressions are great - the device has a solid feel missing in the 'wizard' and the keyboard feels a lot better to use. The colours used by Vodafone give a nice business look - I was afraid it was going to be too silver but the gun-metal finish is a nice surprise. Functionality is as you would expect of a WM device and using it simply reminds me of all the things the K750i never had.

So, to summarise - I am very happy. Here are some pics:





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am posting this comment from my TyTN ;-)

Al said...

flash git

Anonymous said...

I am looking for UK networks that will let me have the TyTN now. Richie-Rich you mention that you got yours from Vodafone yet when I call them they are not ready to ship(!)...did you go via an intermediary? If so which one?

Unknown said...

Hi, I went direct to Vodafone using their standard customer service number (not the business one). I asked for the v1605 VPA compact 3 (Mercury) and they had them - no problems. Arrived thenext day...

Anonymous said...

thanks very much...that is very helpful! did you get a good tariff for the data going that route?

Unknown said...

I went for the lowest monthly bill possible as it worked out the chepaest way to get the device over 12 months - £202 up front and £20 a month for 12 months - £442 all in. With this the data tarrif is not good. But I use my work SIM in the phone and hence their tarrif so this doesn;t matter to me....