Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm awake...

Jet lag??? This is the best thing that has happened to me for ages - my usual heavily nocturnal rythm fits right in here - I was awake - PROPERLY AWAKE - at 08:30 this morning. my body was ready for breakfast and coffe was, for once, a luxury rather than a necessity. This -5hr time lag seems to suit me perfectly. K on the other hand is finding it a little more taxing and wants to sleep every time we stop and sit somewhere warm :)

We took a strole last night down to Central Station and visisted the Campbell Apartment (a very nice cocktail bar). I had a brilliant gin martini and K a 'prohibition punch'. This morning we went to the 'MidTown Diner' where I had some fantastic eggs benedict and k had banana pancakes.

We are now just getting ready (many layers of clothes - still around minus 9C here this morning) to go an take the subway downtown to do the whole Statue of Liberty thing. More later...

No comments: