Friday, August 03, 2007

MINI for service

My MINI is in for its 45,000 mile service today. A lot of miles for a car still under 2 years old! I have to admit I have been very surprised with the MINI so far - no real let downs and only one niggle when the clutch started to click (I had a new clutch and gearbox FOC within 4 days of me noticing the problem and a seemless switch to another MINI for the duration). It has started every morning, been excellent on the motorways and the toys, oh the toys, have all worked fine and kept me entertained non stop. In fact in 45k miles it has needed 4 new tyres (total cost £220), 2 new windscreens (hardly its or my fault) a couple of bits of replacement trim (done when it is in for service) and a whole load of petrol. The servicing was paid for all up front amking this the most hassle free and cheap car I have ever owned. I hope it does its last 15k in the same style - if so a new new MINI may be on the shopping list.

No comments: