Thursday, September 04, 2008

Broke Back Mountain Biking!

Have just come back from the Doctor's - you know that silly accident I had on the first day out with my bike - pulled the wheelie, over the back, landed on my bum still clipped in? Well, the pain in my back has not gone away from it so I thought I should get it looked at. At the best case it is a torn muscle, at the worst a fractured bone (one of the little ones off the side of my spine)! Sounds worse than it is though - *luckily* it is in the top of my spine which is much better than if it had been in the lower part. Either way there is nothing I can do for it other than wait for it to heal - maybe another 2 to 3 weeks. Also good is that I should not have to refrain from cycling or doing anything else - it's just going to be uncomfortable for a bit longer...

No comments: