Monday, September 11, 2006

Sony DCR-SR70 Camera

I just bought myself a little present - a new camcorder (well, half bought - K has decided this is an easy way out of having to think what to buy me for my birthday and as such offered some help on the £££ front). I have been waiting for the right bit of kit to come along for more than a year now. My requirements were true 16:9, night-vision, HDD recording medium, small dimensions and pref. touchscreen. A while back I became quite interested in the JVC Everio GZ-MG505 but was put off by its lack of night-vision (more useful than you think). In then end Sony finally bought out a range of HDD cameras that weren't the size of a shoebox. I opted for the top-of-range SR70 as it has a 60GB drive (£50 more than the 30GB model). It also has a large touch-screen LCD - front mounted mic and comes with a USB2 docking station allowing me to charge and upload at the same time. So, ordered this afternoon and should be with me on Thu - can't wait!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally got round to it - some of us shall just languish in the dark ages of film media ;)