Thursday, April 24, 2008

New Car Decision - Mercedes

So, I made my mind up for my next car. I went for the Mercedes (a close contender last time actually). The new new MINI was good but just not as exciting as the last. The Merc is obviously quite different but the major benefits are how quiet it is on the motorway and how comfortable it is over long distances. In fact one of the main reasons for this decision is that the Merc has a place for your right foot when you are on the motorway with cruise on. The MINI had none so your foot was hooked uneder the clutch/break pedals. This meant you sat with a twist - not nice to your right knee in the long term.

As standard the car comes with fogs, ABS/ESP, Hill-Start, selective damping suspension, one-touch direction indicators, multi-function steering wheel, parametric steering, trip computer, lots of airbags and a tyre pressure loss warning system. The new 2009 MY that I am getting also comes with a stop-start engine management with regenerative breaking to cut down emissions.

Here's the car I have chosen: Mercedes Benz A-Class A150 3-door

Classic SE in Night Black with Black Interior
Exterior Sight and Light Pack (auto mirror/lights/wipers)
Seat Comfort Pack
Speedtronic Cruise Control and Limiter
Leather Steering Wheel, Gearknob and Handbreak
Central Arm Rest with Storage
Luxury Dual-Zone Climate Control
Parktronic (front/rear audio/visual parking sensors)
Steering Column Adjustable for Reach
Speaker System Upgrade with Centre Speaker and Bass
iPod Integration

I know, I know - the Sat-Nav is missing but I am going to get a TomTom 930T this time round. I also had to forego heated seats - to be fair I hardly use them on the MINI. The car will be delivered September 1st (first day of new 58 registration plates) - can't wait!

No comments: