Tuesday, February 06, 2007

New York, New York!

We're here - the flight left on time and landed 40 mins early. Virgin Atlantic definately get my vote - we were in economy but still got free drinks, great food, individual screens, two-seats each and the best selection of in-fight entertainment I have ever seen. The 7 hour flight just sailed away and we were here in no time.

Customs and baggage took all of 30 mins to clear with no hassle whatsoever - even the customs officers were friendly - SUCH a change from any of the London airports I have used. I have spent 5 times as long at Stansted waiting for my bags from Sweden!

New York is cold - I mean VERY cold - currently it is -11C not including wind chill. I have to buy a hat and scarf tomorrow. The car was waiting for us and drove us to Manhattan - took 25 mins. Our first view of the city was as we crested over a bridge and got the full Manhattan skyline in front of us - I have never seen anything like it. Night time is certainly THE time to first see New York :)

Anyway - as you can guess the hotel has broadband ;) So - the blog will be updated probably daily - maybe even some pics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I told you Virgin is the bomb!!!

Glad you are having so much fun - I am definitely jealous.

Linda